This is what my hubby would do every weekend and in his spare time if he were still a singleton.
He dragged me to check out the new Mazda 6 on Saturday and we managed to take it for a spin. The salesman was a bit apprehensive at first because the car will only be launched next month therefore not allowed to be on the road for now. But guess he thought we were serious buyers coz he let my hubby test drive it.
You can read all about it here for his review on the car
I think I’m in love with the black Mazda X5, it’s sporty, it’s gorgeous, and I look friggin’ super cute in it damnit, lol.
*had to sneak and quickly snap this picture*
But getting in and out of the car is a pain. If you have a jelly belly, massive DD cups or worse still, preggers *gasp* then don’t even dream of driving this car. The steering wheel is way too close to your chest/abdomen area. This chick/male/she-male magnet retails at RM200k. Don’t you think this will be an ideal 1st year anniversary gift? LOL.
My husband is planning on getting the Mazda 6 when we’re in OZ. It’s only AUD40k he said. I’m going to tryyy to convince him to get the Mazda Mieta coz I can already imagine myself cruising in this 2-seater baby with my Westie in tow.
Been learning how to cook quite a bit.
My first timers:
Chicken pasta – sorry babes can’t share the recipe coz its my mom’s very yummy recipe, which I intend to keep as a family secret This turned out 95% like hers and was absolutely freakingly delicious. The remaining 5% will come with practice. Hubby was VERY impressed.
Chicken sausage and cheese pasta.
Pasta night soon, anyone?
Tried to make some Saffron Rice with Indian masala prawns. The sauce came out good BUT the prawns were not cooked despite frying it on high heat for like 15 minutes. I called my mom (yes, moms are awesome and handy aren’t they?) and she said the prawns we bought might be bad. Had to throw everything out
TMC I’m boycotting you from now on when it comes to buying prawns or any other seafood.
Rule of buying Seafood: NEVER take the last tray of prawns displayed! I learnt it the hard way.
Since I figured the sauce was awesome, I substituted it with chicken the next day.
It turned out good. Hubby rated it 8.5 out of 10.
I always make him rate my cooking so that I know if there’s any room for improvement. So for the sake of better food, I sure hope he rates it properly!
There! Mission accomplished. I finally made an Indian dish. Now some people can get off my case about not cooking Indian dishes.
One thing I noticed about stupid cook books is that, the measurements they give are hardly right! It’s as though they’re afraid you’ll be better cooks than them? You ALWAYS have to add in more, so 1 teaspoon usually means 2 and so on.
For the recipe:
Chicken breasts for two, chopped into bite size
1 teaspoon cumin seed
1 large onion, chopped
1 small clove garlic, chopped
3 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
1 tablespoon squeezed lemon juice
1 tomato, chopped
1 ½ teaspoon saffron powder
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
salt to taste
1)Put 3 tablespoon of oil and fry the cumin seeds until aromatic
2)Fry the onions and 1 clove chopped garlic for 5 minutes or until golden brown
3)Then add in chicken and fry until slightly cooked
4)Add in the tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste followed by all the other ingredients and keep frying until chicken is cooked
5)If taste is not up to par, adjust by adding in more saffron or chili powder followed by salt.
And you’re done! Try it.